Thursday, March 12, 2009

Today I got flowers

Last night sucked. No 2 ways about it....it sucked out loud. I slept badly, when I slept at all. And woke to having lost only 1/2 of a pound. I was a depressed puppy when I kissed Tom goodbye this morning and headed down the road for my hour commute to a 10-hour workday. I really would have been happier if I could have stayed home and slept all day and watch fast-food commercials when I was awake (because that is ALL that is on TV now, especially since we cannot eat it ever again).

The day is slow, so it was dragging like crazy and I have been quiet because I feel like screaming and crying........and the security guard downstairs called to say "You have a delivery".

One of ladies I work with said "It's not your birthday!".

And I got the most beautiful bouquet of flowers from my Spice! Red roses, red carnations, sunflowers, coxcombs, purple spiky-things....simply lovely. And brightens my day considerably.

I love youse guys!

T

4 comments:

Hermione said...

"My spice" - that's so sweet, yet I had to reread before I figured it out. Even though Tom used the word in a post not to long ago.

You are truly lucky, T.

Hang in there. it will all be worth it in the end.

Hugs,
hermione

Tangerine Tease said...

I usually think Days 3 & 4 are the toughest of something like this...I hope it is so for you all, because you are almost there.

You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, imagine him thinking of that when he feels so crummy too?

Sounds like a very sweet thing for him to do.

Good luck to all of you.

sin

selkie said...

amazing how something so simple as flowers can lift spirits; of course in their cheery faces is really all the love and support he sends with them. that's beautfiul.