Friday, July 3, 2009

Independence Day Update

What with tomorrow's celebration of the 4th of July, Independence Day, here in the U. S., I thought it would be a good time to record how we three are progressing in our weight loss.

Today my weight reached 215 pounds, a weight loss of 86. t has lost some more and her loss now totals 61 pounds. swan is now down 15 pounds (without weight loss surgery).

Thus we three are now down 162 pounds total for the whole family since we began all this last March.

Everything seems quite well in terms of all of our heath including considerable health improvements for all three of us. The one 'glitch" so far is that I have developed a very noticeable hernia not far below my rib cage where the original incision was for the "hand assist" by the surgeon during my procedure and then re cut again when they opened me up to drain my infection. It is very noticeable, and seems to be even more so over time, whether that is a result of growth in the herniation, or greater relative prominence as I lose more weight. My primary care doc has seen it and has said it is a hernia and not in need of any sort of immediate medical/surgical intervention. It doesn't hurt. I see my bariatric surgeon for a 4 month check four weeks from today and I plan to discuss his remedying this. I imagine that means another surgery to repair the hernia, although those typically are out patient and not a difficult recovery.

Maybe I'll ask swan to take a picture of this beast so we can record this further anomaly to my ruen Y gastric bypass experience.

Thank you all of those who continue to show concern for us by reading here, and for all your truly gratifying expressions of support.

Tom

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

No comments: